Here is a complete blueprint of how to get more customers for your service or product:
- Get more traffic:
- Organic Traffic: SEO (for the terms that are relevant to us and are maximally searched)
- Onsite optimiztion
- New content
- Off site optimization (backlinks)
- Paid Traffic: PPC Adwords campaign
- Research of keywords so that CTR is high but CPC is low
- Tracking all metrics (cost to acquire customer, lifetime value, etc.) and tweaking campaigns
- Scaling campaign once campaign has been tweaked
- Paid Traffic: Sponsorship / Direct Ads
- Researching which sites (where prospective customers hang out) can directly accept ads / sponsorship
- Facebook, LinkedIn or other alternative means of advertising
- Social Media
- Using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other channels to generate traffic
- Generate Buzz
- Public Relations (get published in newspapers!):
- Writing and releasing press releases
- Contacting journalists and pitching it
- Bloggers (getting reviews written in blogs)
- Contacting and pitching bloggers
- Retaining customers
- Usage Analysis
- Coming up with a plan to convert users signed up for trial into customers
- Targeting active / inactive users by doing usage analysis
- Email marketing
- Targeting visitors who show interest
- Converting visitors into customers
- Analysis from Google Analytics
- A/B testing and conversion rate optimization using Visual Website Optimizer
- Analysis from Clicktale and heatmaps
- Incorporate qualitative feedback at different visitor touchpoints
- Competitor Analysis
- What is working for them?
- Where are they getting traffic from?
- How are they generating buzz?
Have I missed any aspect? Please leave a comment below and I will add it.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL